Runners and athletes are absolutely loving the Hypervolt (it’s our most popular recovery tool). Here’s why this quiet, effective massage tool is a favorite.
Foam rollers are great, but I’m pretty sure we can all agree that unless you really know what you’re doing with one, you don’t feel as good as you do after leaving a sports massage therapist. But what if I told you that there’s a tool that’ll give you a massage that’s so amazing, so invigorating, that you’ll feel like you’ve spent top dollar on an amazing massage? Yup. The Hypervolt feels that good.
Skip ahead using the links below to learn more about it:
- The Benefits of Using the Hyperice Hypervolt
- How to Use the Hyperice Hypervolt
- Where You Can Get the Hyperice Hypervolt
The Benefits of Using the Hyperice Hypervolt
The Hyperice Hypervolt is absolutely crushing it right now. It’s our top-selling recovery tool and beloved among not only our customers, but also our employees. Hyperice visited Road Runner Sports’ HQ in San Diego to treat our employees to a massage and our stiff, tired runner joints rejoiced.
Why the HyperIce HyperVolt is Great for Athletes
This handheld vibrating massage tool has a slew of benefits, but let’s start here. The Hypervolt:
- Helps relieve those aforementioned stiff, tired muscles from all that working out you do
- Improves range of motion, which means less future stiff muscles and increased mobility
- Promotes circulation which helps boost athletic performance
- Amps up your warmups and recovery
It’s Quiet, Unlike Some of Its Competitors
Without naming names – because it’s not classy or necessary when you’re at the top of your game – the reviews show that athletes are loving the Hypervolt over its competitors not just for its state-of-the-art technology and lower price point, but also because IT’S QUIET. This is one of those benefits that you don’t fully appreciate until you’re in your cubicle at work after a long run DYING to use your massage device but realizing that you’re definitely not getting invited to the next group lunch if you keep annoying your co-workers. Use it in front of your TV, in your tiny apartment while your partner sleeps – anything goes! Your massager should not sound like a power tool.
Check out how quiet it is below:
The Hypervolt is Convenient
Worried that lugging this thing around might get annoying? Fear not! It’s actually surprisingly light (2.5 pounds). The battery life lasts for about three hours, so you can leave those attachments at home if you don’t want the added responsibility of remembering not to leave your charger at the office or gym. And, as we mentioned, it’s so much quieter than many of the other comparable massage tools on the market.
How to Use the Hyperice Hypervolt
Watch the video to understand speeds and attachments or read our breakdown below the video:
If you prefer gentle angel kiss massages, you do you. Oh, you’re more of a glutton for punishment? That’s fine, too. Hypervolt has four interchangeable head attachments and three speed settings to let you customize the pressure, speed and intensity that’s right for you.
- Level one: About 2,000 percussions per minute. This lower setting is great for your upper extremities like your neck.
- Level two: 2,600 percussions per minute. This setting is good for a slightly denser area, like your legs or calves.
- Level three: 3,200 percussions per minute. Great for denser areas like hips, quads, glutes, and your piriformas — areas where the tissue and muscles are more dense and the higher amplitude of force helps loosen things up.
- Ball attachment: The softest head to help ease your body into the massage.
- Flat head: Good for denser parts of the body – quads, glutes, pecs – but can be used on almost any body part. The most versatile head that comes with the Hypervolt.
- The bullet head: Good for trigger-point targeting specific areas. This head works well on smaller areas like your feet.
- The fork head: The two prongs are great for your traps, the area around the achilles tendon (never use it on the achilles itself), your ankle, your foot, really anywhere that’s tight. Some like to use it on the larger muscles like calves and quads, too.
Where You Can Get the Hypervolt
If you’re near one of our Road Runner Sports store locations (see all locations here), we highly suggest you pop in to test the Hypervolt. We have them charged and ready for you to try. Or, visit Road Runner Sports online and see what people are saying about the Hypervolt. The Hypervolt is $349.00 and your Road Runner Sports VIP Family benefits apply.