YOUR SHOE DETAILS
The women's Asics Gel-Kayano 22 running shoe provides more comfort than you ever thought possible in a running shoe. Ideal for feet pronators. shop today!
The Nuts & Bolts
- Impact Guidance System: Enhances the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off
- FluidRide®: Ultimate combination of bounce back and cushioning properties with reduced weight and exceptional durability
- FluidFit®: Combines multi-directional mesh with stretch reinforcements that adapt to the athlete's foot creating a truly customized glove-like fit
- Heel Clutching System™: Exoskeletal heel counter provides improved support and creates improved heel fitting environment
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL® Cushioning Systems: Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases and allows movement on multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle
- Dynamic DuoMax® Support System: Enhances stability and support with reduced weight and increased platform comfort
- Guidance Line®: Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency
- Guidance Trusstic System®: Enhances gait efficiency while providing midfoot structural integrity
- ComforDry™ X-40 Sockliner: Premium sockliner features higher rebound properties while providing excellent moisture management, high level breathability, and antimicrobial properties
- ComforDry™ Lasting: Features plush underfoot comfort while providing excellent moisture management high level breathability, and antimicrobial properties
- Gender-Specific Cushioning: Women's models feature a lower-density top layer in the midsole, allowing female athletes to better enjoy the benefits of midsole compression
- Plus 3®: 3mm of additional height on women's models helps relieve achilles tension
- Heel-To-Toe Drop: 13mm
- WEIGHT: 8.9 ounces
- Predecessor Product Type: GEL-Kayano 21
Women’s ASICS Gel-Kayano 22: The Facts
Top Reasons to Buy the Women’s ASICS Gel-Kayano 22
Guide your stride with the Gel-Kayano 22’s innovative Impact Guidance System. Designed to enhance your foot’s natural strike pattern from the moment you first push off the pavement, the latest iteration in the Gel-Kayano lineup ensures you can reach that runner’s high faster than ever before.
No matter how far you run, comfort is key. The Gel-Kayano 22 offers dual Gel Cushioning systems to disperse the shock of impact so you’ll feel like you’re walking on air. Pair that effortless feeling with a seamless FluidFit mesh upper that contours your natural foot shape, and you’ve got a combination built for a queen.
Tired of trying to break into the boys club? The gender-specific midsole cushioning of the Gel-Kayano 22 is specifically designed for women so you won’t be slowed down by the idea that "one design fits all." A lower-density top layer has been added to the midsole to accommodate the lighter gait patterns of female athletes, ensuring that you can take full advantage of the superior compression and support that ASICS has to offer.
What People Are Saying About the Women’s ASICS Gel-Kayano 22
Reviewers enjoyed the improved toe box in the Gel-Kayano 22 and said that it allows for a more natural toe splay. The updated design removes all the pain points of previous iterations, and you should no longer experience blisters or sore toes after a run.
Several women noted their feet felt exceptionally cool and dry after even the most intense sessions, citing the ComforDry™ system in the interior of the Gel-Kayano 22 as the reason for their enhanced performance. You’re bound to be pleased with the antimicrobial properties of the sockliner that absorbs odors and keeps your shoes smelling fresh even after continual daily use.
A number of runners praised the versatility of the Gel-Kayano 22. Whether you’re working on short wind sprints or training for a marathon, this is going to be the shoe that can get you to your goals.
Women’s ASICS Gel-Kayano 22 Updates
You know how the saying goes: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Despite the popularity of the Gel-Kayano 21, the 22 succeeds at making a great product even better. The mesh upper employs seamless technology to give you that glove-like fit that has become a staple in the running community. Deeper guidance lines in the midsole maximize your comfort by giving you a full range of motion on steep inclines and precarious descents. And a shallower - but wider - toe box offers a more comfortable fit for runners who prefer a little extra room for their toes to breathe.
Size and Fit of the Women’s ASICS Gel-Kayano 22
General Size and Fit
Slightly heavier and longer than it’s prior version, the Gel-Kayano 22 has upped its game to accommodate the widest range of runners possible. It’s offered in a women’s normal width, and fit experts suggest to go a half size up from your true foot size.
Fly across the finish line in the incredibly lightweight mesh upper of the Gel-Kayano 22. FluidFit technology wraps your foot in plush, breathable material that stretches to mimic every movement. The heel collar is also enhanced with two layers of memory foam to provide you with added comfort and protect your delicate skin from uncomfortable chafing. p>
The Gel-Kayano 22 midsoles combine three of the most critical components of a professional-grade running shoe: overpronation correction, full-foot cushioning systems, and energy redistribution. The Dynamic DuoMax Support system is perfect is you need a little extra motion control to prevent stress-related injuries. Plus, you’ll be shocked at how powerful your toe-offs will become once you experience the bounce-back power of the Forefoot Gel Cushioning system. Didn’t think you could have it all? Think again.
You won’t ever have to worry about sticks and stones breaking your bones with the Gel-Kayano 22’s incredibly durable outsoles. The ASICS High Abrasion Rubber will keep your feet protected no matter how treacherous the road becomes, and DuraSponge technology absorbs excessive shock to deliver a smooth and responsive ride.