YOUR SHOE DETAILS
Women's ASICS® GEL-NIMBUS® 20 BOSTON :: Run Boston strong in your official race colors with the Women's ASICS GEL-Nimbus 20 Boston edition. Fly on high-mileage clouds with FlyteFoam® cushion giving this fan favorite its awesome bounce back and instant response. Keep blisters away with your plush OrthoLite® foot bed managing moisture and breathability. Lock into your PR pace with the Nimbus 20 Boston thanks to the Heel Clutching System™ providing endless miles of no-slip running.
The Nuts & Bolts
- Special edition Boston upper
- FluidFit® Upper: Combines multi-directional stretch mesh with stretch reinforcements that adapt to the athlete's foot, creating a truly customized glove-like fit
- Seamless Construction: Reduces the potential for irritation and friction
- Ortholite® Lasting: Features plush underfoot comfort while providing excellent moisture management and a high level of breathability
- FlyteFoam® Midsole Technology: Provides exceptional bounce back and responsiveness
- FluidRide® Midsole: Provides the ultimate combination of bounce back and cushioning properties with reduced weight and exceptional durability
- Plus 3® Midsole Technology: 3mm of additional height on women's models helps relieve Achilles tension
- Guidance Trusstic System® Technology: Enhances gait efficiency while providing midfoot structural integrity
- Guidance Line® Midsole Technology: Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL® Technology Cushioning Systems: Reduces shock during impact and toe-off and allows movement during foot transitions
- Heel Clutching System® Technology: Exoskeletal heel counter provides improved support and creates an improved heel environment
- Gender-Specific Cushioning: Women's model features a lower-density top layer in the midsole, allowing female athletes to better enjoy the benefits of midsole compression
- Drop: 13 mm
- WEIGHT: 8.8 ounces
Women's ASICS GEL-Nimbus 20 Boston: The Facts
Top Reasons to Buy the Women's ASICS GEL-Nimbus 20 Boston
Don’t buy just any running shoe – enjoy a pair of sneakers customized and suited to your particular needs. With the Gender Specific Forefoot cushioning in the women’s GEL-Nimbus 20 Boston, you’ll experience midsole compression that helps to disperse impact leading to more explosive accelerations. You’ll be faster and more efficient than ever before.
Worried about pronation or supination? The GEL-Nimbus 20 Boston has integrated technology to gently guide your gait and foot while you run.
If you want top-of-the-line lightweight support and cushioning, look no further than the women’s GEL-Nimbus 20 Boston which features FlyteFoam®, a material that’s 55% lighter than other traditional foams.
What People are Saying About the Women's ASICS GEL-Nimbus 20 Boston
Women loved the lightweight nature of these shoes – many said they never felt weighed down during their workouts. You’ll practically be flying down the streets in a pair of these kicks.
Ladies who tried out the GEL-Nimbus 20 Boston were enamored with the comfort and fit of the shoe. The stable structure of the sneaker helped many runners correct slight pronation or supination issues. So, if you need a little corrective structure, these are the shoes for you.
Runners noted the heel counter helped to release tension on the Achilles’ heel and supported the heel well. It also helped protect against accidental slippage. Run your worries away in a pair of GEL-Nimbus 20 Bostons, knowing each step will bring on the same comfort and stability.
Women's ASICS GEL-Nimbus 20 Boston Updates
Compared to its predecessor, the women’s ASICS GEL-Nimbus 19, the ASICS GEL-Nimbus 20 Boston edition features 3 mm of added height to help reduce pressure on the Achilles’ heel - this stack height is great if you suffer from any ongoing tendonitis issue. A remodeled heel counter was also incorporated for more support and stability around the heel so you can run with sure-footed confidence.
Size and Fit of the Women's ASICS GEL-Nimbus 20 Boston
General Size and Fit
The GEL-Nimbus 20 Boston comes in a women’s regular width and features a 13 mm heel-to-toe drop. Our fit experts recommend going up one half size from your true foot size.
The upper is comprised of seamless jacquard-gradient mesh that features four-way stretch properties and FluidFit® technology which supports natural movements of your foot. 3D-printed overlays on the shoe add structure without any irritation in the form of extra seams and stiff fabric.
The Heel Clutching System® is an external plastic insert that contours around the heel to help lock it down and prevent slippage while running. Discrete Eyelets help to control lace tension and better disperse lace pressure evenly. Even if you love your laces super tight, your feet will still stay comfortable as you push your limits on your run.
The midsole of this the women’s GEL-Nimbus 20 Boston has an impressive array of technology that aims to ensure you have proper running form. The famed Forefoot and Rearfoot GEL® cushioning systems help to absorb impact during each touch-down and smooth out the transition into the next bound.
Experience the magic of FlyteFoam® as you power through that last mile, a material that’s 55% lighter than other standard foams.
Guidance Lines® are placed in the midsole to naturally position the foot for a better, healthier gait cycle. The Guidance Trusstic System also helps to properly maintain structural integrity of the shoe while supporting your feet.
In the women’s version of this model, you’ll enjoy Gender Specific Forefoot® cushioning which is a lower density foam that compresses with each step.
For the outsole of the GEL-Nimbus 20 Boston, ASICS used their proprietary ASICS High Abrasion Rubber® which can reliably handle a variety of surfaces. The forefoot area features DuraSponge™, a blown rubber compound that adds to the overall durability so you can handle any running challenge with confidence.