Men's NEW BALANCE® MINIMUS 20v3 TRAINER :: Third time's a charm! If you've been looking for an excuse to try barefoot running, the Men's New Balance® Minimus 20v3 Trainer is your perfect pick. Get closer to the ground and a better connection to your run in this light and flexible low-profile shoe. Whether you're tackling your training in the gym or heading out for a run, you'll love the versatility and efficiency you get from this fabulous-fitting shoe. Odor isn't an issue with the antimicrobial treatment inside. Don't worry about blisters, the no-sew upper means no rubbing. And you'll love the durable and flexible Vibram® outsole. 6.5 ounces
My wife and I both purchased these at our local store. We own lots of minimal shoes. These are as comfortable as any of them, but even a little better in some ways.
1. The slight drop allows for pants! Most of my barefoot shoes are so low I step on my pants all day..
2. A little better on impact. I can still feel the ground, but there is enough tread and cushion that every pebble doesn't stab.
3. The color profile disappears. I usually wear "comfy type" dress shoes to work, but the more I wear barefoot, the more I can't stand them. Though pretty cool looking, these are understated enough to slide by. A very rare thing in an athletic shoe.
4. There is a bit of arch, I found it a little annoying at first, but after a half hour or so stopped noticing it. I think it might actually help when on your feet all day. (I'm a commercial photographer and spend all day carrying heavy gear or behind the camera, its very demanding of the feet)
5. Not slippery, doesn't catch on stairs. Some barefoot shoes out there are really slippery on certain surfaces--it can be an unpleasant surprise. Also, we each have one pair that is awesome, except the sole splits on the forefoot, and that spot has caught on stairs--has happened to both of us. So now we won't wear them.. Unfortunately we bought them somewhere we can't return:(
I will probably buy a second pair of these so I can alternate them and wear a pair every day..
Great fitting and lightweight
I use the shoe for the cross training in the gym. I work with a Certified Athletic Trainer who recommended these shoes and they are fantastic for both training with her and walking the dog. I wear them anywhere one would wear sport shoes. They are extreme light weight and comfortable. The business about not smelling is bogus. I don't have particularly smelly feet but I don't leave these in the closet after a workout. They go outside or in the garage to air out. Only a very light weight person could comfortably use these for running in my opinion. As with all NB shoes I buy they are true to width, but I always buy 1/2 size larger than normal shoes. I like the all black color. I can't stand to wear neon colored shoes.
San Clemente, CA
Great gym shoe! Running, not so much.
Great shoe for the gym, not so much for running. No real cushion at least for someone my size(225 lbs). Tried a short 2 mile run and just felt my whole body taking a pounding. However these are excellent gym shoes. Perfect for squat, deadlifts and other heavy lifts. Very stable and good foot to floor connection. Added 20lbs to my squat because of the added control and stability.
Best Cross Fit Shoe!
This is my new favorite Cross Fit shoe. It has a low heel to toe drop and has fantastic grip. I feel really low to the ground which is ideal for Cross Fit. I would recommend this shoe to anyone doing Cross Fit, gym or just looking for a great minimal shoe.
Ninja Monster 101
Walk like a ninja, lift like a monster. Avid X-fit guy here, weighing over 235 lbs. Wear these for all types of workouts and they have performed well. They feel like nothing in your feet, dry extremely fast and no odor problems. Love 'em
Great pair of shoes for short runs and the gym. I wear these shoes to crossfit and really like them. If Im going to run more than a few miles Ill go for a more supportive shoe. But for quick runs and lots of crossfit, theyre great.
Prefect for the gym
I use these at the gym for weight training. Feels great, stable, and give good traction.
Makes my leg workouts feel much better and confident.
One of the Best running shoes...ever!
A great running shoe. Extremely comfortable and stable. Perfectly sized. Superb performance on a treadmill.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Great Gym Shoes!!!!
These shoes are awesome doing olympic lifts. They provide awesome support and stability.
Fits perfectly. It has zero rise, yet it still cushions.
New Crossfit Shoes
Wear them almost everyday in my crossfit class. Love them
West LA Crossfit
Mens New Balance Minimus 20v3 Trainer Cross Training Shoe
Your Help Is Here
Shop with confidence knowing your team of Fit Experts is waiting to answer all your questions.
You can always find your perfect product and your perfect fit.
Your Road Runner Sports Fit Experts will make sure you get exactly what you want and have tons of fun in the process!
Give us a call, chat, or email!
Call 800-743-3206 to
Get help with your order or finding a product
Learn how to find your perfect fit for shoes, apparel and gear based on your feet, body, and training goals
Or just to have a great time talking about life, liberty and the pursuit of running!!!